Saturday, June 21, 2008

Catching up

I meant to update this daily and I've just been slack about it. Last Wednesday I went to my first Cubs game. My roommate Ryan had and extra seat. Nice bonus...they were playing the Braves. Chicago folks will hate me for saying this, but Wrigley Field just isn't that great. I appreciate the history and all but it's probably time for a new place. The scoreboard and the ivy are all that's worth keeping. We went to a few bars around Wrigleyville after the game which was cool. It was also my 1st time riding the El.

Thursday my department went to happy hour at a place called The Yardhouse. I'd actually been there before during one of my other visits. During happy hour appetizers are 50% off and they have a great beer selection.

Over the weekend my friend Elizabeth came in town. Her cousin Anna lives here. Anna wrote a play and it was the final weekend of performance. Friday we met for dinner near Anna's in Wicker Park and then went to the Sear's Tower. Pretty cool seeing the city lit up at night from that vantage point. Saturday we saw the matinee show. Heavy subject matter but a great play. That night I crashed at Anna's place b/c I couldn't find my car! This is what frustrates me about parking on the street. Despite all the houses being old, they still look the same. They may not be cookie-cutter John Weiland, but they still look the same.

During this past week, not much went on. Today I got my car fixed. During transit, a piece of plastic fell off near the front bumper. It's covered by the shipping company. Something else was broken that I got a price on. It's a little piece of plastic that plugs into the headlight...$750 to get it fixed! Eventually I'll really have to get it fixed but, yeah...I'm gonna shop around.

My roommate Ryan has been gone all week but his sister Emily showed up Friday night. Emily is pretty hot but unfortunately very married. Se la vi. She had some friends over last night and we just hung around the house. She has friend staying with her that got a tatoo today. These girls are early thirties. I thought people at that age were past the age where tatoos seem like a good idea. Guess not.

No comments: