Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cubs

I went to my 1st Cubs game Wednesday night. My roommate had a pair of tickets and he offeredme one. This automatically gives him cool points. Extra bonus because the Braves are in town. So, because of work, we didn't get there until the game had already started but it was only the 1st inning. In Atlanta, this would be no big deal because the stadium seats over 50,000 and all seats have numbers on them. Not so in the great and all powerful Wrigley Field. Wrigley only seats about 30,000. For those of you not mathmatically inclined, that's 40% fewer seats than Turner Field. Our tickets were for the bleachers which are not numbered. Due to our tardiness, we couldn't find two seats together...not even TWO! We stood up until the 7th or 8th inning. I didn't mind because my only payment was buying Ryan a hot dog and beer...which are reasonably priced. After the game we went to a bar called Cubby Bear. It's very big inside and has an area for live music. Normally it seems like a place I would enjoy but on this night it was a sausage fest. We went to some other bar after that for a beer and then headed home. Overall it was a good night but I have to say I'm not as impressed with Wrigley as I thought I'd be. The overall area is much cooler than the stadium itself.

No comments: