Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Head exploding

So Monday was my 1st day at the new office. Of course I wanted to make a good impression, which in my eyes means showing up late. I had great intentions but I forgot my laptop. I was only 10-15 minutes late...but still. I got my cool little photo ID badge so now I can get into the building. I sat in on two phone conferences with a director and VP of Treasury. That's when it happened. It started with a little pressure near the temples and then on the forehead. Then, my eyes felt like they were getting bigger like but eyes and BAM! my head is all over the wall. I understood all of five words in the phone calls. We're interviewing Investment Banks to help us out with something complicated. Needless to say, I've got a lot to learn. Actually I think it'll be pretty cool.

Random comment - I thought I walked into the bathroom at the office and it turns out I wound up at Niagra Falls. That's right. I was on the toilet and they have one of the automatic flushers equipped with a sensor. As soon as I stood up I heard the thunderous sound of millions of gallons falling hundreds of feet onto the rocks below. Swear - I've never heard a toilet like that before in my life.

My roommate came in town tonight. His flight was delayed so we didn't get to hang out that much but he seems pretty cool. Unfortunately I've got to park on the street now that he's back but I'll manage. I think we're going to the Braves/Cubs game Wednesday which should be pretty cool.

No comments: